At AWharton Planning, I engage in positive-sum urban and resource planning. My particular areas of expertise are:
- Resource management and statutory policy making
- Community engagement and facilitation
- Urban development and growth frameworks
I can assist you with:
- Getting a resource consent from the regional council, city council or district council
- A plan change under the Resource Management Act
- Concessions from the Department of Conservation
- Submissions on policy and plan documents
- Project management of your development, or managing components of your project
- Advice on the best actions to take to achieve your goals
- Engaging with affected parties: neighbours, iwi, local/regional/central government agencies, community groups, etc.
- Teaching you how to 'do it yourself'!
The planning environment can be fraught with bureaucracy, hidden costs, expensive consultants, delays and plan hurdles. I can show you options that will save you time and money, and get better outcomes, in the long run.
I'm unable to assist with any projects within the Thames-Coromandel District, as I do work for the Thames-Coromandel District Council. Conflict of interest otherwise, basically. I'm also not currently available for any major projects. But if you have something small, get in touch.